I swore to myself when I started this blog that I’d post at least once a a week. Now that it’s Friday with no post, I’m feeling a large amount of pressure, self-imposed deadline or not. So, in honor of this moment, I’m going to start a weekly Fractal Friday, where I post a list of what’s happening with me, and try my best to be entertaining.
1. I’m learning SEO and relearning HTML. My goal is to break free of the corporate cage I’ve found myself in and go freelance. It might just be a crazy dream, but it’s helping me get up in the morning.
2. The dog has gone an entire week without chewing up anything I own. I call that progress – I’m getting very good at hiding my stuff from her.
3. Secretly, Fridays are not that amazing to me. For one, I still have to work on Fridays, even if I have tomorrow off. For two, I feel more pressure to finish projects on a Friday, because if I don’t it will sit on my desk all weekend and collect stress like dust.
4. Last week I went to see Star Trek: Into Darkness, after successfully dodging all spoilers. I loved it. I also discovered that going to the movies on a weeknight is a brilliant idea, it’s much easier to get good seats and the place isn’t completely packed.
4. I got up an hour late today. I woke up about 15 minutes before my alarm with a cramp in my right leg. Once I got through it, I decided there was no way I was getting up on that note, and set my alarm back an hour.
5. I could do that, because I’m the crazy person who gets up an hour before I have to, so i can work on my writing or other projects before work.
6. My cats know my schedule. If i’m in my office five minutes later than usual Karma will walk up and complain to me. I don’t think it’s concern that I get to work on time. She’s trying to score some kitty treats.
That’s it for today. I hope this was entertaining enough for being written on the fly. May the Force be with you all.